SOCOM 4 BETA BUGS/GLITCHES/Problems
Based on severity :
1. Throwing the grenade while moving makes you throw the grenade to the ground. I am not sure whether it gets stuck on your hand while throwing but when i step back while throwing the grenade, it always gets all weird. Lag also plays a factor. In your screen you throw the grenade but on the other players, it shows that it is stuck midair where you threw that grenade. As a result you commited suicide.
2. Crosshairs get stuck together both regular and scope. Sometimes they show up together while scoping in a low powered scope. Looks pretty cool though. Happens when looking at the scoreboard while in scope (press select). Sometimes the crosshair remains green too if you aim at a teammate while looking at the scoreboard.
3. Dive > prone> and reload quickly> get up and run. Sometimes it shows the character looking up in the sky while reloading (kinda funny).
4. Dive > get up and run. It makes you look like you slide on the ground. If you do it quick enough, you will stand pretty quick right after the dive.
5. Random team switch at the end of the game. I want to be with my friend/clan and I got switched to the opposite team without even pressing square. This gets annoying.
6. Upload data/loading bar on uplink or any game modes that requires pressing O and wait for the bar to fill up sometimes does not show up.
7. When you use the R analog stick and let go from switching equipments, it selects back the first one.
I tend to let go of the R analog stick after I made the selection switching from my first to my second equipment. Kinda like a whiplash effect and I accidentally throwing a grenade at myself and teammates
8. Sometimes when you upload data in uplink, you don't upload it directly in the computer but in some imaginary computer beyond the table.Happens when pressing O while sprinting towards the uplink computer.
9. Indicate whether you are talking in proximity chat or team chat. They show both the same colors when you talk and there is a long buffer right after your 10 seconds sometimes. Maybe it is lag or something because sometimes I am tapping up after talking for a long time and it is not showing the talk icon. It's location too is not good. It is int he same place where you get notifications that your friend is online covering the indicator that you have the mic.
10. Some people does not know you can climb over things. Can we get back the "press X to climb". I am also trying to figure out which object I can climb into. Sometimes when you stand close to those object, you are still unable to climb but instead will do a jump animation.
11. The map zooms in and out. It just bothers me whenever you crouch or jump or whatever. Make it static. It changes when you change your stance.
12. Players get stuck during beggining of rounds. Occasionally. I do not know the reason. You cannot fire your weapons or switch to your secondary. Sometimes, two players get stuck to each other.
Update: This is a result of the armory being invisible right in the beginning of the round. Try pressing start.
13. Planting a PMN/Claymore close to a box or something, it showed up on top of the box.
14. Planting a claymore right between a small floor height difference (making it facing up), it does not blow up even if you trip the laser rendering it useless.
15. Spawning late. Can we spawn and start the game at same time each round? Sometimes we end up being a spectator for 1-5 seconds. Instead of making the armory/spawn option 20 seconds. Make it 15 and add 5 seconds before right before the game starts. Like a countdown so we all start together. This is probably because of capacity issue in a spawn point. Sometimes I notice that my teammates move away from the spawn then i will spawn. Add more spawn points in one location?
16. Climbing the ledge while there is a sandbag on top of that ledge and pressing cover quickly makes you slide automatically to the center of those sand bags at A&B. This happens in the Spec Ops spawn to the right.
17. Random +60 or +30 EXP while dead on classic uplink. You are dead and still gaining points? Easy level up!
18. Slower turning while you are on the stairs. I mean it.. It is slower than when you are on a regular ground. Most of the time you pass by an opponent making who ever turns around the quickest wins on the stair battle.
19. Make the names static to the teammate's head. I keep on getting team killed because of this. The names or the diamond does not stay on your teammates head. The diamond just adds an extra space right before the name. Why not get the diamonds on the body and the name static on top of the head.
Update: Fixed for the first retail patch.
20. Knifing is weird. I knifed someone point blank that is too close but it didn't kill him. I stepped back a bit and I killed the opponent. Does the enemy should be on arms length for it to be lethal? it happened to me so many times. they ended up turning around and I getting popped.
update: Collision detection is not good. You can run THROUGH enemies. When you try to knife your arms just pass through them.
Update beta patch 1.02: Bomb tech absorbs more knife.
21. Indicate that you have changed your selection in the armory after you died. After you die in classic and choose a different weapon, it still shows the same weapon in your armory until the next round. It is confusing. It does not save the weapon you chose under the same category making you look for that weapon again.
22. Map not showing up. It shows an empty screen. I do not know how this occurs. Usually happens after a round or two.
"Counter-UAV is up! They're blind!"
23. Timer not counting down/frozen after joining the game late. It can occur in the first round. I am not sure how this happens.
"I'm good like that. I stopped the time"
24. Loading bar disappears/cancels because of scoreboard. On uplink/bomb squad/last defence, when you are doing an action such as capturing/planting beacon/ diffusing bomb and you press select for the scoreboard, the loading bar disappears and you have to start over again. Overlapping issue?
25. C4 detonation not showing up even if you point your crosshair to the C4, the "press O to detonate" does not show up. However, in some situations, no matter what you do it does not show up.
26. HUD not showing. No crosshairs, no names, and no friendly blue diamonds.names above their heads. Basically nothing but your scope to aim. You can't change/switch weapons either.
27. Spec Op weapons available for Insurgents vice versa. Not really a big problem but it is not suppose to happen. Also occurs after playing custom games with limited weapons such as sniper alley.
28. Vega sounds like a man when deploying C4s. Maybe it will change on the retail version? She sounds like a man when recieving fall damage or deploying C4s.
29. Reloading shotgun/any gun right before the intermission (after the round ends and getting ready for the next one) will continue doing the reloading animation even though the shotgun is already full. Look what happens even with a sniper:
"Making my gun all shiny...mmmhmm"
30. Progress bar for upload/download/capture/disarm gets stuck on your screen right after capturing it.
"I secured it already for crying out loud!"
31. When you die and kill the bombtech, sometimes the next round starts without you. This also occurs in any other game mode. Sometimes the late joiners are the only one that comes alive on the next round.
32. When you are the bomb tech, your equipment (grenades/mines) are reset to smoke grenades and flash bangs.
33. Scoreboard and armory overlapping each other. When you are looking at the scoreboard and press x to select a name while it is also shows press x to change loadout, it will just go directly to the armory rather than selecting a name. Why not let the scoreboard as on hold > show scoreboard.
34. Camera collision! Might as well throw it in here.
"Hell yea! Got my xray vision on!"
35. Floating tree. Some minor graphical error which really bugs me up until now.
"Whoa! Dude I think we found the hole to Wonderland!"
36. The ammo count never stops blinking even after you reload it. When you get the increased ammo per mag, sometimes it just reloads to the same amount as before you have modded it up. Causing it to look like you need to reload.
37. On uplink, the data carrier icon does not reset after starting the next round. You are the carrier, round ends, and without taking the data on the next round - it shows that you are a carrier.
"Can you see me? Can you see me? No you can't... Ohh shi..."
38. Can't get rid of M203 attachment. If so, we can't use that fully moded weapon in classic rooms.
39. You can't dive off a ledge. It cancels it out and you will fall down on both of your feet instead of your chest. Not really a problem but its kinda weird.
40. You cannot walk over off a small bridge on the SPAWN 2 insurgent side on Assault and battery that leads to the stairs to the missile launcher on top of their spawn.
41. Late joiners appear white in the scoreboard.
42. You can move around while scoped in with your sniper with a bipod. If you stop moving around while you are in your scope while proning, the bipod will deploy, and you are stuck on one spot until you zoom out again.
43. Rounds going over the limit. Round 12/11. We already heard that this is a server glitch.
44. Photos of the weapons that you have upgraded shows that it has silencers and attachments that it should not have(such as HP scope). However, according to the weapon progression, it can't have silencers or any of those attachments. Maybe we will see silencers on the retail versions on some weapons that did not have in the beta. Who knows.
45. Speaks for itself. UI/Menu overlaps each other.
Same thing happens with the scoreboard and armory. They overlap each other.
46. You cannot shoot through the fence unless your enemy is standing right near it. Insurgent spawn fences in Port Authority.
47. Clan challenge lobbies sometimes does not display a list on the current clan challengers.
48. You can get stuck while in clan challenge lobby and you have to restart the game in order to play normally again.
49. Muzzle break resets itself off every game.
50. No fall damage when you jump to any objects in the game and you slide down from it.
There are also some spots in the map where you fall into and sustain no fall damage.
51. Claymores sometimes does not detonate even if you run/dive over it.
52. C4s can be planted inside the bomb making it impossible to detonate with any explosives. Thus the bomb tech will have no chance of defusing the bomb unless killing the one who planted the C4s.
53. Your chosen loadout/spawn point does not get saved for the next round even if you press deploy/start. You spawn with the same weapons on the same spawn point in classic mode. Sometimes this occurs and sometimes not.
54. Quick get up from dive. Afterdiving by pressing the sprint button, you will get up quickly. So as pressing the triangle as well will give you the same effect.
55. You can get up on top of the container on Insurgent side spawn by jumping on boxes. (respawn only) Does not really give you a good advantage.
56. You can jump onto the top of the palm tree on insurgent spawn on Assault and battery. Kinda like Japanese snipers in world war 2.
57. You can jump up the wall on insurgent spawn.
58. The server maintenance notice screen.
Patch 1.02 beta
1. When trying to join a game for the first time, the game will either just boot you out to the main menu or put you to a never ending loading screen.
2. The community button right when voting for the maps is...disabled but it is still there.
3. When you sprint while on the stairs, your camera becomes either closer or way lower.
4. Weapon mods that are not allowed to be attached, magically appears to it.
- Refer to #44 up there.
Do you see the my silencer?
5. Defusing the last bomb right on the end of the round (after killing the last enemy) will give the team extra win.
7. Invisible wall on Spec Op side. Do you see the green sign. That post on the right that is holding it up. This was taken on top of the ship. I had my crosshairs on him very steady and not moving. Popped 2-3 shots he just looked at me and popped me with 1 bullet that went through it.
nj with the post op... that makes it a lot easier to get these issues resolved. I am having problem myself I've been posting here http://forums.socom.com/t5/SOCOM-4-Beta/Mic-button-on-other-layouts-in-classic/m-p/1662270#M101343 to try limiting the posts but i see that it keeps getting lost in the mix. its a bout the mic not being available when you select a different button layout. please can you put this on your list... so zipper can seeeeeeeeeeeee! thanks
- There is an explosive barrel underneath it.(if it has not exploded yet)
- Jump on it
- jump on the post
8. Floating dead bodies.
9. Armory resets randomly when you change game modes.